Back in high school (mid-to-late 90s for me) I took a journalism class where I had a comic strip. It was fun, it was goofy…I think it was called something like The Phil Zone. Wellllp, I thought I’d resurrect my cartooning career, cuz…why not? Behold Your Daily Phil. A half-step above fart jokes, but certainly not beyond puns. Really, terrible, eye-rolling humor, but you’ll check it out anyway, because you secretly love those kinds of things :).
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- Punctuation Talk: Hyphens vs. Em Dashes
- A Writer's Guide to Fiction--Types of Fiction, Word Count and Page Count
- The Old Man with the Red Eyes (The Dream Factory)
- Idiom Origins