American Idioms are fascinating and, if you’re like me, you can sometimes use them so often you forget they’re even idioms. It’s easy to forget that there’s meaning behind them, context that’s been lost and forgotten over time. In my quest to uncover this history, I thought I’d share my findings. Stay tuned as we dig deeper into more and more idioms.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- Grammar Tips: The Importance of Word Choice
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- Recommended Read: "11 Books that Scared the Master of Horror, Stephen King, and will Terrify You, too