American Idioms are fascinating and, if you’re like me, you can sometimes use them so often you forget they’re even idioms. It’s easy to forget that there’s meaning behind them, context that’s been lost and forgotten over time. In my quest to uncover this history, I thought I’d share my findings. Stay tuned as we dig deeper into more and more idioms.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- The Secret Society Dream (The Dream Factory)
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- A Writer's Guide to Fiction--Types of Fiction, Word Count and Page Count
- The Lizard Man (The Dream Factory)
- The Meanings Behind Classic Songs