American Idioms are fascinating and, if you’re like me, you can sometimes use them so often you forget they’re even idioms. It’s easy to forget that there’s meaning behind them, context that’s been lost and forgotten over time. In my quest to uncover this history, I thought I’d share my findings. Stay tuned as we dig deeper into more and more idioms.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- Punctuation Talk: Hyphens vs. Em Dashes
- A Writer's Guide to Fiction--Types of Fiction, Word Count and Page Count
- The Old Man with the Red Eyes (The Dream Factory)
- Idiom Origins