American Idioms are fascinating and, if you’re like me, you can sometimes use them so often you forget they’re even idioms. It’s easy to forget that there’s meaning behind them, context that’s been lost and forgotten over time. In my quest to uncover this history, I thought I’d share my findings. Stay tuned as we dig deeper into more and more idioms.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- Romance writing for non-romance novels
- Check out the Tools for Writers Page
- The Old Man with the Red Eyes (The Dream Factory)