Every writer has his or her own process. Among the debates on which process is “best” when writing a novel is whether to follow a three-act formula or whether to let things come out in a more organic fashion. Here’s a fantastic argument for the latter. Brian Klems really breaks down the essentials of a successful novel.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- Romance writing for non-romance novels
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- Punctuation Talk: Hyphens vs. Em Dashes