Jason Black with Authormagazine.org wrote a great article that clearly outlines the difference between what an epiphany is as opposed to a character arc. In short, an epiphany can contribute to the overall character arc, but they are not one in the same. Understanding the specifics of a character arc is the first step to writing one effectively, so be sure to check out Jason’s article.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- Romance writing for non-romance novels
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- Dream of 'The Sevens' (Deborah Lee Clark's Dream)
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- Tips to Writing for a Campfire Story