To be completely honest, I am very behind the times when it comes to keeping up with all the major social media sites and their functions. To be honest, I still don’t understand the point of texting, though I do it regularly. With that said, here is my understanding of the purposes of each of the top social media sites. Am I really that off base?
- Facebook is meant as a virtual high school reunion so you don’t have to go to yours. See who’s gained weight, lost weight, hit rock bottom or struck it rich…cyber stalking at its finest.
- Twitter – Say it in real life and nobody cares. But say it on Twitter!!! Ahhhh, now it’s “follow” worthy. Any insignificant detail about your life, from the type of cereal you had for breakfast from the fact that you like peanut butter on your pancakes and don’t care who knows, is welcome here.
- LinkedIn – Looking for a job? Connect with several others who also need to find work and therefor can’t hire you.
- Pinterest – Learn how to make soap out of breast milk, how to make a bird house out of tapioca, or how to make a kid’s jungle gym out of bendy straws, leftover coat hangers and old, stale Juicy Fruit gum…it’s all here! The MacGyver website for the stay-at-home mom.
- Instagram – Wanna share with the world the type of cereal you had for breakfast this morning, but just saying it on Twitter isn’t enough? Share the pic of it on Instagram!
*sighs* I know there are many more out there, but I didn’t want my brain to explode.