We’re reaching that point in the year when crazed kids (or if you live in a neighborhood like mine, high schoolers) dress up like idiots and stalk the streets in search of candy. Yet, the history of the “Trick-or-Treat” tradition is a bit strange in itself. Check out this article at Smithsonianmag.com that sums it up pretty nicely. It’s kind of the abridged version of the full story, but it’s interesting just the same.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- Romance writing for non-romance novels
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- Punctuation Talk: Hyphens vs. Em Dashes