Lauren’s point here seems so obvious–it’s one of the more common things you hear from aspiring authors. But if it’s so obvious, how come so many manuscripts-in-progress seem to ignore it? Even if you ‘know all about villains,’ this is a good article to check out. Well-articulated with great insight. And heck, if you do ‘already know,’ it’s still a wonderful reminder and an enjoyable read for writers.
Recent Blog Posts
Top Posts & Pages
- "Can't hold a candle to..." (Idiom Origins)
- Dream sequences in novels—when and how can they be effective?
- "Stick to Your Guns" (Idiom Origins)
- List of Literary Genres and Definitions
- The "Rules of Grammar" and Novel Writing
- Idiom Origins
- Six Easy Tips for Self-Editing Your Fiction
- Interview with Sharon Van Orman
- Romance writing for non-romance novels
- The Three Visitors